Multinational engineering and technology company of German origin whose mission is to improve people’s quality of life. In Portugal, it provides services in the divisions of Thermotechnology, Automotive Multimedia, Security Systems, Chassis Control Systems, Power Tools and Appliances. From Lisbon, a specialized team works in the areas of sales, sales and marketing and shared Human Resources services for the whole of Europe.
About the project
Our client is investing in new technologies for driving systems. As part of that portfolio of technologies is the Advanced Rider Assistance Systems (ARAS) that increases the safety of motorcycle users and enhance the overall road experience. A central part of this system is the Human Machine Interface (HMI) that helps the rider to keep track of the various features installed on the bike as well as allow changing the driving settings.
As part of the ongoing project, this company required additional support in their HMI development, to integrate more features in the development cycle and support the team in other areas as well (issue fixing, requirements and assets integration).
The main activities of the project are:
- Assess the requirements related to each feature and document them in a technical perspective for use by the developers and testers.
- Integrate the visual elements associated with the HMI features and create mechanisms to operate them.
- SW development to implement communication with other parts of the system (send and receive data) and the HMI navigation.
- Test feature implementation. Solve issues reported by stakeholders.
- Participate in the feature discussion activities and contribute with ideas for their implementation.